Monday, April 2, 2012
Friday, March 30, 2012
HU's Online Collaborative is proud to announce its annual Social Media 101 Workshop for the Spring semester 2012.
- The workshop will take place during the period of 7 weeks (on Tuesdays) starting April 10 to May 29 from 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM.
- The workshop will be given in a computer lab (Mehagian Building - Lab 408) and will include lectures, direct applications, videos, discussions and testimonials.
- At the end of the workshop, an online final exam and/or project will be administered and certificates will be distributed to participants.
- In order to obtain a certificate, participants must not miss more than one session (unless otherwise conflicting with exams) and must be registered for the whole workshop.
- Course fees: $10 or LL15,000 per session registered Or $50 or LL 75,000 if your register for the whole workshop (Fees are just enough to cover costs of the workshop. HUOC is not aiming to gain profit from the workshop. All guest speakers will be volunteers as well.)
- Because there are limited places, applications will be processed using a first-come-first-serve basis. Therefore we advise you to register as early as possible.
- Payment will be done during the first workshop session. Participants who do not show up to the first session (and fail to inform us about wanting to stay in the workshop) will automatically be cancelled and replaced with a participant from the waiting list.
- Workshop prerequisites:
- Basic computer knowledge and understanding of the internet.
- good spoken and written English (workshop will be given primarily in English)
|1||April 10||Introduction to social media & Twitter|
|2||April 17||Facebook, Facebook Pages and Linkedin|
|3||April 26||Introduction to blogging, microblogging, and content creation|
|4||May 8||Social Media Monitoring and Analytics|
|5||May15||Google+ and Google Services|
|7||May 29||Final Examination|
Click on THIS LINK to register.
If you are new to Social Media but don’t know exactly what it is and how things work, then this workshop was created for you. We are offering a seven-week workshop that covers everything from what social media [really] is, to content creation, to blogging and micro-blogging, to privacy and security guidelines among other things.
Monday, March 19, 2012
It gives me great pleasure to have finally founded a chapter of Online Collaborative in Haigazian University.
They say seeing is believing; and based on that, I truly believe in what this chapter can and will achieve given the NGO's previous history of successful events, workshops and collaborated teamwork.
In the coming months, the cabinet, members and I will start planning a workshop for all ADC and Business students where we will promote the concept of Social Media, its ethical usage and how it can contribute in shaping their lives to the better.
Furthermore and as a beginning project, we have agreed to voluntarily sponsor the "NGO Al Amal Institute for the disabled" through creating and maintaining a social media campaign for their fundraiser, the"Welfare Wheat Race".
What comes next is the main big thing. HUOC and in collaboration with Ms. Najoie Nasr - the head of the Marketing department in Haigazian - will plan, promote and execute the Communication Conference in the month of May, organized by Haigazian University.
As you all can see, we have a busy schedule set up for our first operational semester. Starting off with such a good start will not only be beneficial to us as members of the chapter but also to the chapter's awareness on campus, to the students exposed to the chapter's activities and to all the non-HU people attending our workshops/events.
To keep things short, I would like to personally thank Ms. Najoie Nasr for her support in founding this chapter and I look forward to a semester full of fruitful events.